Wednesday, April 15, 2009

First time for everything quilting


There is a first time for everything. . . and this is mine - I'm blogging! I'm a quilter, quilt teacher and also quilt explorer, hoping to contribute something of interest to the blogosphere. For my first foray, I'd like to tell you about Patricia Pepe of Quilt Queen Designs and her X-Blocks. http://www.quiltqueendesigns.com/

I met Patricia a few years ago as she taught a New York Beauty quilt class. She was already a prestigious award-winner in the world of quilt competition, and by the next time I saw her, she was an inventor, too. Having just developed a nifty quilt tool, she was understandably excited. "Want my autograph?" she teased as she showed me her X-Blocks rotary cutting square. I took her up on it and that was the beginning of a great friendship.

So just what is the X-Blocks? It's an acrylic square bisected with lots of lines, dots and dashes. It's used to rotary-cut simple, easy-to-piece blocks that, when sewn to each other, create a brand new design that knocks your socks off! Take a look for yourself at wwwquiltqueendesigns.com. While you're there, drop her a line and tell her "princess sent you."
And may all your quilting dreams come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment